||Sigmax-e is a six sigma based company focused on offering comprehensive Performance Management solutions and services to its clients, globally. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, SigMax-e works with its clients to cut operational costs and enhance the quality of their processes. SigMax-e’s outsourcing services focus on Digital Media Processing, Finance & HR and setting up “Centers of Excellence”, comprising a customized mix of processes; while the facilitation and training services cover a broad range of service sector processes.
||ACCept (not real name), is a prominent London-based provider of Book Keeping and Auditing services with over hundred SMEs as clients. ACCept was looking to offshore a part of its back-end processes to focus more on the customer. Sigmax-e was the partner of choice.
||ACCept experienced rapid growth. Having understood the market’s requirements and the cost-sensitive nature of some of its clients, ACCept decided to experiment with an off-shore operations strategy to reduce costs. In pursuit of this strategy, ACCept decided to transfer some parts of its back-office work to a suitable low-cost country. It planned to engage with the vendor to determine the most effective and economical process and IT Infrastructure that should be used for the purpose. After a careful comparison of its options, ACCept decided upon SigMax-e, based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This decision was primarily driven by availability of UK-trained accountants, affordable costs, Kuala Lumpur’s developed infrastructure and SigMax-e’s commitment to continuous process improvement and six sigma
||ACCept selected SigMax-e as partner of choice for the outsourcing activity, based on demonstrated commitment to world class quality and proven capability of delivering to SLAs.
- ACCept sent a trainer to train SigMax-e staff for one week.
- The Sage accounting platform, used by ACCept in London is deployed at Sigmax-e.
- Process established for scanning all documents in London and storing them on secure server.
- SigMax-e logs in, accesses / downloads necessary documents
- Captures data on the Sage System, based on UK Accounting standards, VAT guidelines, etc.
- Creates a ‘back-up’ file and saves on server for ACCept to access and process further.
- Outsourcing commenced with accounts of four companies.
||The Results after 12 months:
- Process works effectively and is stable
- Trained employee at SigMax-e, successfully trains two other employees
- Scope expanded to cover 40 companies
- SLA implementation timelines tightened
- ACCept expresses satisfaction with progress
- ACCept agrees to expand scope further to include statutory accounts preparation, management statements preparation, and eventually the tax processing by SigMax-e
||“…We would like to out-source more of our processing work. We currently out-source the book keeping. We would like to further out-source statutory accounts preparation, management preparation, and eventually the tax processing.”